Parks and Recreation

Parks and Recreation

Memorial

41 South Central Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63105
2.7 acres
(click here for directions to the park)




Memorial Park is part of the tract of 102 acres deeded to St. Louis County on October 20, 1877, by Ralph Clayton. In 1967 county voters authorized construction of a new government center, the Administration Building at 41 South Central Avenue was built between 1968 and 1970.

After several years of planning, construction began on January 14, 2000 for a new park to replace the raised plaza and to incorporate a new Police and Firefighter Memorial. The park’s formal dedication and memorial service were held on November 8, 2000, but construction continued until the Department of Parks and Recreation took responsibility for the park in July 2001.



Park Hours: 8 a.m. to one half hour past official sunset, 
except when reservations are issued.