Posted 1 years 138 days ago ago by News Editor
For Immediate Release
To provide special protection and attention to young children participating in the traditional costumed Halloween observance on October 31, the St. Louis County Police will once again host safety centers in the precincts. All of the locations can be identified by the presence of a St. Louis County Police Officer and volunteers. Precinct beat officers, supervisors, neighborhood policing officers, school resource and DARE officers will all be assigned to the various locations. The Halloween Safety Center list is attached.
Parents are encouraged to bring their "trick or treaters" to the safety center most convenient to them between the hours of 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Parents are also encouraged to have their children go to homes that they are familiar with and to inspect all candy before allowing the child to open it.
To further ensure the safety of the children observing the holiday and the protection of property against vandalism, specialized County Police units, including the Metro Air Support Unit and reserve officers, will supplement the normal patrol force.
Remember these important Halloween Safety tips:
- Carry a flashlight to help improve visibility
- Plan a route to take and share it with family members
- Wear light-colored or reflective clothing
- Only cross streets at crosswalks or street corners
- Only visit homes where a porch light is on
- Never go into any stranger's home
- Immediately report all suspicious activity or treats to police
- Drivers should use extreme caution when traveling through a subdivision. Drive slowly and alertly.